Terms and Conditions
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
USE OF THE SERVICES
1. You must be at least 13 years old and of firm competence to contract to use the Service.
2. You are responsible for ensuring that in Your use of the Service, Your action or omission is not contrary to any law for the time being in force. You are not allowed to post violent, discriminatory, plagiarized, promotional, unlawful, infringing, trolling, hateful Content via the Service. For the purposes of clarity, Content refers to any data, text, information, usernames, works of authorship, links and other content or materials, including information that the User posts and/ or uploads on to the service, such as but not limited to the write-ups, photographs, graphics, videos, and any other information formats that may become shareable via the Service from time to time (collectively “Content”). You specifically undertake not to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that –
- Belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to;
- Is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- Harms minors in any way;
- Infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- Violates any law for the time being in force;
- Deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- Impersonate another person;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
3. You are responsible for any activity that occurs through Your account and You agree You will not sell, transfer, license or assign Your account, username, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, Writicle prohibits the creation of and You agree that You will not create an account for anyone other than Yourself. You also represent that all information You provide or provided to Writicle upon registration (“Registration Data”) and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and You agree to update Your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
4. When You use the Service or other data, information or communication to Us, You agree and understand that You are communicating with Us through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Us periodically and as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
5. You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other Writicle Users.
6. You must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, Your or any other person’s credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses. You are requested to maintain discretion before adding users on other social networking platforms or sharing phone numbers. Writicle shall not be responsible for any harassment the User suffers from other users on the Service, or any other platform(s). You are responsible for any post related to self-harm that you post on the Service. Writicle is not liable for any injury or damage that occurs either before, during or after your use of the Service.
7. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to your use of the Service and Your Content, including but not limited to, copyright laws.
8. You are solely responsible for your conduct and Content that you post on Writicle.
9. You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or not modify or alter the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Writicle.
10. You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers/networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting worms, viruses, spyware and malware or any other code that is destructive or disruptive in nature. Interfering with the display of any Writicle’s page in a User’s browser or device is illegal.
11. Writicle reserves the right to distribute Your Content posted on Writicle through its social media handles, with due credits to the User.
- Writicle reserves the right to alter or terminate the Service or Your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without any liability to you. If We terminate Your access to the Service then Your Content, including work, comments, and all other data will not be accessible to anyone (e.g., Users will not be able to navigate to Your username and view Your work). However, we may archive certain information, including Personal Information, and retain it as we may be required to do in order to fulfill out legal obligations.
- Your business dealings with third parties found on Writicle are solely between You and the third parties.
- You take responsibility of any and all data charges that incur on using Writicle.
TERMS FOR USER/BUSINESS PROFILES
In addition to the above mentioned terms, the following provisions are applicable with respect to Users who have linked their Writicle username to specific User/companies (“User/Business User”) organizing challenges/ competitions for participation by other Writicle users (“Contest/Challenges”) through the use of Our Service –
1. No tolerance for plagiarism
Writicle reserves the rights to conduct ourselves or engage an outside agency to conduct a plagiarism check on every post uploaded on our Service, including by a Business User, and Writicle also reserves the right to remove or disqualify such users from the Challenges or take any other appropriate action against such users involved in plagiarism.
2. Your Social Media Link
Writicle shall allow Business Users to post promotional leads on their profile. The Business User is authorized to add links to its face book page/ Instagram page/ Website links to its Writicle profile.
3. No pure promotional/marketing content
Content that promotes or markets the Business Users’ products, services or related aspects, including but not limited to asking users to send write-ups, follow Business Users’ social media handles etc. is not permissible.
4. No Exploitation of the Social Networking Platform
Exploitation includes spam commenting on users’ posts to use their Content, posting external advertisements or asking users to submit their Content to the Business User outside of Writicle. Since Writicle promotes the Business User’s profile everyday without a charge, we expect the Business User to not take our social networking platform for granted. We will ban the profiles that exploit Our Social Network and Services.
5. Promotion Fee Writicle shall charge a fee to let Business Users generate leads or acquire customers through advertisements/ branded wallpapers, promotional posts, provided the Business User’s promotions are not outright spam. Business Users may contact Us for pricing and more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Writicle has content that is owned by Writicle (“Writicle Content”) and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and other relevant laws. You will not modify, remove or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or any other proprietary rights notice that accompanies Writicle Content. You will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, display, distribute, publish, transmit, sell, license or otherwise exploit the Writicle Content.
4. Writicle name and logo are trademarks of Writicle, and must not be copied, or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. In addition, custom graphics, all page headers, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Writicle, and must not be copied or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Writicle.
5. The Service may be interrupted for upgrades or scheduled maintenance, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Writicle reserves the right to remove Your Content from the Service without any reason, without any prior notice to you. Content removed from Writicle may be stored by us, but may not be accessed by You without a valid court order. Writicle encourages You to maintain Your own backup of Your Content. We are not a backup Service and You will not rely on us for the purpose of Content backup or storage. We will not be liable for suspension, modification or discontinuation of Service, or any loss of Content. You also acknowledge the fact that Internet may be subject to security breaches and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
All Content posted by the Users will be non-confidential and non-proprietary. We will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Content that You provide.
Reporting Copyrights/IP Infringements
You can report posts to protect Your intellectual property rights. If You are caught in the act of infringing on other’s Content, we will disable Your account.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WRITICLE CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER WRITICLE NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “WRITICLE PARTIES”) MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE WRITICLE CONTENT; © USER CONTENT; OR (D) SECURI